Spring is almost over and summer activities will soon be in full swing. If you haven’t started making summer camp arrangements it’s time to do so before the deadline comes and goes. It is a big decision on where to send them, which brings many questions to mind: Are they ready for an overnight or just a day camp? What do you want to focus to be? How long should they stay?
Things to consider when choosing the right summer camp
- When doing your research, a good place to start is making sure the camp is accredited by the American Camp Association. This is essential! If they are accredited you can be rest assured that your child will be in a safe environment as they put forth strict guidelines and regulations that the camp must follow. This means your child will have the best possible summer camp experience.
- Each child is different when it comes to interests. The next step is to making sure the camp you’re sending them to has the activities that your child loves.
- Once you’ve found a camp with the specifics that you like, for example: price, location, and session dates, book it now! All of the best camps fill up the fastest. The “early bird gets the worm” holds true in this aspect!
- If you’re still unsure of the camp that you have chosen, pay them a visit! Most camps will be happy to escort you around the property and answer any lingering questions you may have.
Completely new the summer camp experience
- How long do you train your staff?
- What is the average age of campers?
- What are the sleeping arrangements?
- Where are the toilet and showers facilities located?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What do campers like about this camp?
- How do I know my child is being cared for in the cabin?
- What happens in an emergency?
- Am I able to get in contact with my child if need be?
- Do you post any pictures during my child’s stay?
While there are a number of things to consider, your priorities should be focused on safety and fun. Summer Camp is one of the most memorable things a child can experience! It instills a new sense of adventure unlike any other that they can only experience with their new found friends!
Below is a list of a few popular summer camps that parents seem to really like:
Geneva Camp & Retreat Center
3995 Lakeshore Dr.
Holland, MI 49424
14444 – 17 Mile Rd.
Rodney, MI 49342
1243 E. Fruitvale Rd.
Montague, MI 49437
We hope our suggestions have helped you!